Sunday, September 29, 2013

Week 5 reflections

I didn't get a chance to post last week. Sorry about my tardiness. Here are my reflections.

Last week was a little overwhelming for me. It has been over 10 years since the last time I wrote a paper. When I was in school I always hated writing papers. I was never good at putting my thoughts down on paper. I was surprised once I started to write this paper, it wasn't so hard after all. I like analyzing data and putting my findings on paper. Overall I am very happy with my discourse analysis. I will talk more about my findings in my next posting.

My week was was overshadowed by this research paper and tests. By the end of the week I realized that I was stressed out for nothing. Partially the reason why it took so long for me to add this posting.

In terms of my teaching, my storytelling time and circle time went great. That class is divided into 2 parts: reading a story book and learning about the theme of the week. To discuss the theme which was transportation by air I chose to sing a song. It was a simple song that had movements to go with it. The kids loved it and responded very well to the activity.

I'm trying to limit how much talking I'm doing in the classroom and by adding these simple activities the children spend more time practicing their English. I was very satisfied with my teaching by the end of the week.

My goal for this week is to include more pair work activity for them to practice the target language. 

1 comment:

  1. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing Teacher training for ESL Programs

    ReplyDelete